Saturday, November 24, 2012

Keeping up Appearances!

Keeping Up Appearances
Hello My Darlings!

I expect my American friends are resting nicely after their Thanksgiving holiday.

My my, I am really jealous!  I can imagine all that chicken, ham and turkey that I missed out on....and now will have to wait until Christmas - sigh.  In a meantime, I might get the kitchen staff to prepare a little 'organic chicken' just for me!

The British love to "Keep Up Appearances"! Which reminded me of the sit-com on PBS of the same name.  My favorite character was Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced "Bouquet) played by actress Patricia Rutledge. Hyacinth, who once wrote a book of "Etiquette for the Socially Less Fortunate" . A women after my own heart, I closely associate with (even though she is human)...a great Diva herself!!
http://www.tv.com/shows/keeping-up-appearances/.  Her comedic style was influenced by another Diva - Lucile Ball.
Hyacinth Bucket



 This was my favorite show, all about humans and their relationship with their families.  It certainly beats chasing mice around the room - that can get boring after a while!! LOL

My human always brings me a saucer of milk, and I have trained her to do so on Que!
Well MY Darlings, in life wherever you are, whatever you are doing! Keep Up YOUR appearances!Play the part - do you know who your audience is.......keep them laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment